The original building was built in the early 1900's and was the residence of the Carlson family. Victor V. Nelson purchased the site and was converted into a funeral home in the mid 1920's. The business was sold to Courtney Ring Who operated it as the Willmar Funeral Home. In 1947, the Willmar Funeral Home was sold to the Peterson family. This building and site has been renovated and remodeled each decade to provide modem and efficient accommodations. Peterson Brothers Funeral Home is conveniently located just off of US Highway 12 and 7th Street SW on the west edge of downtown Willmar.